« Home | The Barn » | Little and Large » | Equinox morning » | Alcazar sunrise » | Sierra Nevada Sunburst » | Nightfall » | Hamish and Cairine » | Splash one » | Sunset over Cromarty » | Moving the sheep »

Wasp and spider


Wasp and spider, originally uploaded by ccgd.

Not a great technical shot, but interesting in what it shows, a fairly large spider dispatching a wasp on the window beside my workbench.

I was working on an old computer, and luckily had a camera beside me when the wasp was trapped by the web, and out pounced this spider.

All over in about 90 secs, just long enough to try a couple of shots, No Macro lens of course, and bright light from outside, but the effort just shows how hard this type of photography is.

Oh and Ruth has asked me to clarify that this shot is from my very messy shed - and not the house!