« Home | Looking up the County Road » | Ben Loyal and the Mountains of the West » | Coldbackie - Sutherland » | Cape Cod » | MIT Stata Blues » | Charles river sunrise » | Conference Centre Roof » | Dunrobin - aye right » | Kitchen gable » | Lines of fire »

Oulu Bobby


Oulu Bobby, originally uploaded by ccgd.

This squat little chap (who looks like Uncle Joe Stalin from the back) is the "mascot" of the city of Oulu, where I am for the rest of this week, doing European innovation things.

Oulu is a long way away from Scotland (and of course Scotland is a long way away from Oulu) and it does take a fair bit of time, and flights to get here. I caught the last plane from Helsinki last night, at midnight, after routing through Edinburgh and Manchester, arriving at my hotel at nearly 2:00 am.

The two hour time difference helped then, but is seriously working against me now, as I wait to be picked up to perform at a press conference - in Finish..........