« Home | Through a Golf Window » | This morning » | A Wedge of a mountain. » | Ship yard » | Icelandic sunrise » | A town a harbour and a volcano - Iceland » | Cromarty Rose and the Sedco 714 » | The badlands of Iceland » | Caught in a beam of light » | Sunrise and Clouds, the South Sutor Cromarty »

Piggy back


Piggy back, originally uploaded by ccgd.

The Secdo 706 being loaded onto the Mighty Servant 1, about 10 days ago. It has now gone, along with the other Secdo rig which was down at the Service Base, so the Firth is strangley empty again.

I must admit I like seeing the Firth busy with Rigs and Vessels, as I - and I may be a minority of one - feel that large man-made movable structures enhance and give a scale to the landscape and scenery. I'm talking about locations such as the Cromarty Firth and the Clyde where people tend to live and work.

I'm also pretty relaxed about wind turbines....