« Home | A town a harbour and a volcano - Iceland » | Cromarty Rose and the Sedco 714 » | The badlands of Iceland » | Caught in a beam of light » | Sunrise and Clouds, the South Sutor Cromarty » | Engrossed » | Ruaraidh Cunningham » | Motoring » | Nissan Nissan » | Perthshire evening »

Icelandic sunrise


Icelandic sunrise, originally uploaded by ccgd.

I took photo just a few mins ago, looking out from the Hotel I'm staying in rural Western Iceland, and I'm now blogging it from my breakfast Table, through their free, open wireless Network. (Smoked lamb and local cheese breakfast in case you are wondering).

This hotel is a modern, family run, fairly upmarket establishment. Very nice, and I'd be hard pressed to think of a direct equivalent in Ross-shire, as it would almost certainly be Victorian in nature.

That mountain looks just like Ben Loyal in Sutherland, quite spooky.