« Home | Reflections in Stornoway Harbour » | Magnus second home - Strathpuffer 2007 » | Clouds and mist » | Ruth messing up my landscape shot » | Sun Circle » | The Thousand Yard Stare » | Getting Ready to Go » | Footsteps in the sand » | Blue on Blue » | Transocean Wildcat »

Jimmy Johnstone


Jimmy Johnstone, originally uploaded by ccgd.

Snapped in Argyll Street Glasgow - I love the juxtaposition of arms.

This was one of those moments when I realised that I had turned into a photographer. I was walking along Argyll street, heading up to a work do at the Celtic Connections festival when I saw this. Now my camera was in my computer bag/rucksack - on my back - so within about 30 secs I had taken the bag off, pulled out the camera, switch it on, focused, realised that the light was so bad that in automatic mode it would use flash, switched to a manual setting and grabbed the shot.

And she never realised I had taken a photo.