« Home | Aberdeen Docks » | Stacked Rigs in the evening sun » | The Yasa Golden Horn » | Summer harr » | Cromarty Harbour » | A last look at a 757 » | South Sutor god burst » | A rather dead whale » | Glasgow Sunburst » | Turtle temperature »

On the outskirts of Wick


On the outskirts of Wick, originally uploaded by ccgd.

I've just spent the past couple of days in Caithness - in a bright, sunny and warm Wick.

A bright, sunny and warm Wick.

It's not often you see that in print.

Work of course, but I did manage to slip out to try and see Castle Sinclair for half an hour, only to find it was closed for excavations. My trip back to he town, and my formal dinner of an evening (in Mackays hotel - the Halibut was excellent, really excellent) had to be delayed by 10 Min's for this Caithness traffic jam.

Oh and thanks to Caithness.org for highlighting this blog and my flckr site- much appreciated.