« Home | Sutor Creek Mosaic » | Marine Terrace in the evening sun » | The Buss Bank bouy » | That 70's show » | The ebb and flow of the tide. » | cromarty rose in HDR » | robert aka coco » | Stock » | Mother and calf » | Reflections of Masts »

Old radio valves


Old radio valves, originally uploaded by ccgd.

Radio Valves from the 40's on my workbench.

Why the radio valves, and why am I blogging this?

Well I took this shot about 4 years ago, when I just got back into photography, and was playing about with indoor black&white shots. The Valves are from a large collection of WW2 radio parts that my Dad took back from the far east in 1945/46 on returning from his war against Japan.

I now have them, though they are totally useless, but have of course a serious nostalgistic value.

Old shots on flickr tend to sleep quietly, unless someone else notices - and this case its a Harvard Business Blog, using this snap to illustrate an article about on-line marketing.........

Strange things happen on line, and your photos turn up in the weirdest places.