« Home | Blue walls and reflections » | In the style of J Arthur Dixon » | A town a harbour and a volcano - Iceland » | Straight from the camera » | And who do you support? » | A rig in the afternoon light » | The MV Bertora » | Circuits and Bumps » | The boys » | Haymarket chimney »

Farewell Nokia


Farewell Nokia, originally uploaded by ccgd.

I have been a Nokia mobile phone chap since my very first phone back in 1994. I have been a Communicator buff for almost the same time, ever since I saw a pre prototype Nokia Communicator at the University of Helsinki about 96.

I've used Nokia's (mainly their Communicator models) almost exclusively since then. I did have a little fling with a Sony Ericsson about 2000 ( I needed a phone that worked in North America as well as Europe and Nokia did not make one - imagine...) but that only lasted a year.

But - the office has standardised on new Smartphones, a Taiwanese model, and my Nokia days are over.

Farewell.