« Home | Gloaming transfers » | The lad » | The stone in the evening sun » | The very edge of the tide » | Distant wind machines » | Feeding time at the race » | May Morning » | Killer Climb » | North Sutor sunrise » | Rockport Harbour »

Kai and Calum


Kai and Calum, originally uploaded by ccgd.

My brother Kai died suddenly last week, on the 14th of June. He had been seriously ill for some time, but his death was a shock for all his family and friends.

This is a shot of the pair of us around 1990, passed on to me by his eldest daughter. We had a lot of fun together in those days, and this snap sums it up.

His funeral is Friday, and I have spent the past few days coming to terms with his death, and organising his farewell. I'm doing the Minister bit, and Pamela has been great at passing on funeral tips, and what to do and not to do.

Kai's pal Gus posted a much better photo of my brother on the day of his death - www.flickr.com/photos/deeplyd/549282083/

I think I'll take my camera to his funeral and wake - watch this space.