« Home | Barnacle wave » | These things are big » | Mini monoliths » | The Kessock bridge at night » | I'm not sure that I want to do this » | Lots of legs » | February sunset » | Noisy sunset » | Lines down the beach » | Red Boats »

Seana Bhraigh


Seana Bhraigh, originally uploaded by ccgd.

A very distinctive mountain, snapped on a January flight from Inverness to Stornoway. Snapped is the right word, as you can see the engine exhaust top left, and the window bottom left.

I was struck, however, buy the distinctive shape of the peak, and the remarkable corrie - textbook glaciation.

It's a few years since I attempted to climb anything higher than the Watch Hill at Coldbackie, but I must admit that this shot made me hanker back to my teenage years when every weekend was spend in the hills, skiing or climbing......